Monday, February 2, 2009

Mmm Mmm Monday- Easy Chocolate E-clair Pudding thing

Ok so the title doesn't make it sound as appetizing as it was, it was OMG amazing.

So I wanted something sweet yesterday and All i had in my dorm room was a pack of pudding and whipped cream. So I went to the convienience store on campus and picked up some vanilla wafers and chocolate icing in the hopes that I could make a semblance of an e-claire/ boston cream pie thing.
So I made it in a loaf dish, and it was good.

SO how did I do it?
Step 1- Layer Vanilla wafers in the bottom of the dish
Step 2- Mix together pudding according to the directions on the box (I used cheesecake flavor, but vanilla would work well too)
Step 3- before the pudding sets pour half of it on the wafers.
Step 4- Add a layer of whipped cream
Step 5- Add a second layer of wafers
Step 6- hopefully your pudding is still liquidy... pour another layer on top of the whipped cream Step 7- Take chocolate icing and take about 2-3 teaspoons and 1 teaspoon of butter and microwave about 15 seconds (stir when it comes out, it should melt further when stirred) pour this on top of the pudding,
Step 8- add another layer of wafers (I put my top layer in sets of 2 and rows of like 6) Finish off with a few little dollops of whipped cream (I was using canned whipped cream so they looked like little flowers) on top of the wafers. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours-overnight.
Eat.
to slice this a spatula is pretty handy, it makes less of a mess...
Next time I want to experiment with making a stiff chocolate shell...
-Missy Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

1 comments:

Julie said...

SOUNDS YUMMY!!!! I'll have to remember that the next time I need a dessert.

Post a Comment