Today I'd like to give some hints at a successful Homeshow, these tips will be great for either Hostesses or for Consultants.
1. Send out more invitations that you expect (however, don't tempt fate and invite more than your house could possibly hold) generally you get about 1/3 of the people you invite to show up
2. In advance select the gifts and half price items the hostess wants to recieve, this sets up a goal so you know what you're aiming for.
3. Follow up on those folks that didn't RSVP and find out why, if they can't make it pry a little maybe (depending on the situation). If you have a bunch of people who need childcare offer up that pre-teen of yours, give her 10 bucks and a wiggles movie and lock them in the basement.
4. Don't limit the invites to mail only, Longaberger also offers hostess e-cards
5. Don't focus too much on booking new shows, sure that's a bonus for both the hostess and the consultant, but people really don't want to be nagged into it.