Saturday, December 27, 2008

After Christmas Guilt and a Longaberger Resolution!

"Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house,
nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I did taste,
All the Holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales, there arose such a number,
When I walked to the store, it was more of a lumber!

I'd remember the marvelous meals i'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
the wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese.
And the way I'd never said "no thank you, please"
As I dressed to go out in my hubbie's old shirt,
And I prepared once again to do battle with dirt-

I said to myself, as I only can,
"you can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"
So- away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished.
'til all the additional calories have vanished.

I won't have a cookie- not even a lick
I'll convince myself to like celery sticks!
I won't have hot biscuits, or cornbread or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I'm hungry.... i'm craving sugar and more!
But isn't that what January is for?

So for storing your fruis and veggies, we've got just the thing
A January sale on Baskets, It'll make you sing!
Bake all you want in a low fat recipe!
That's just what we need! A little shopping therapy!
There is plenty for all, no need to riot-
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! AND TO ALL A GOOD DIET!

So- now that we have those January bucks from all our December spending Investing, here are some dinner ideas that won't make you feel guilty (and will verify your purchases to hubby!)

Low Calorie dip, Blend 12 ounces of cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and a pinch of Good Season's Italian dressing mix. Mix in a blender until smooth. Store in a 1-pint crock when you're snacking. Eat with healthy crackers or baked potato chips preportioned into bags (10-12 chips is a serving)

Pie Plate Pot Pie- 1 can of condensed 98% Fat free cream of chicken soup, 1 box of frozen mixed veggies (thawed!) 1 cup of cubed chicken (cooked) 1 container of biscuits. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray your pie plate with a touch of pam. Mix the soup, veggies and chicken (perhaps in your tip and mix bowl?) and spread in the bottom of the pie plate, spread the biscuits over the top of the filling and cook for 30 minutes.
*note you can also portion this out into individual mugs and put just one biscuit on top... cook until golden.

Guilt free Hot cocoa- 1 pint low fat milk, 1 lg cinnamon stick, 1-1/2 table spoon cocoa powder, 11/2 tablespoon low calorie sweetner, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Makes 2 servings, mix everything together in a medium saucepan cook until hot!

(oh and by the way- the shoulder tote basket holds a towel, bottle of water and change of clothes wonderfully for the gym!)

-Missy Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment